When it comes to skincare for healthy and glowing skin, the best thing to do is to follow a healthy regimen on a regular basis. And when it comes to skincare regimens, the good old cleansing-toning-moisturizing routine now needs a face serum added to it.
Time to know more about face serums and how these can help your skin look it's fabulous best.
What is Face Serum?
Face serums are formulated to deliver intensive doses of key active ingredients to your skin for faster, more visible benefits. Usually thinner than moisturizers, these are used in small quantities – a few drops at a time. You could call these lightweight moisturizers albeit with more power in every drop. The key actives are usually a highly bioavailable form of Vitamins A or C, along with Vitamins B3 & E, Hyaluronic Acid, and botanical extracts.
Where do Face Serums fit in the skincare regimen?
As you know already, the basis of any skincare is C-T-M i.e. a step by step cleansing, toning, and moisturizing routine. Well, adding a quality serum to this routine is an important upgrade that can take your daily skincare to a new level altogether.
So where should the face serum be added in your daily skincare
A face serum is best applied right after cleansing when the skin pores are open and the active ingredients can penetrate deeper to get absorbed faster for more visible benefits.
What does a face serum actually do?
A face serum is a one product-many benefits offering. It actually delivers multiple skin benefits in one go.
Helps with anti-aging care –
Face serums contain key actives that help minimize visible signs of skin aging by checking photodamage, promoting collagen synthesis (the protein that holds up the skin and gives it firmness), and boosting hydration. The three key factors in anti-aging care. Sun damage by UV rays damages under skin collagen that reduces skin’s elasticity, which in turn shows up as fine lines and wrinkles. A quality face serum gives intense firming & lifting benefits to skin.
Helps hydrate and lock in moisture –
A face serum hydrates your skin to a deeper level, and supports the moisturizing cream in keeping it smooth and well-nourished. A face serum enriched with Hyaluronic Acid is excellent at delivering intensive hydration to the skin as every molecule of this natural compound can actually hold up to 1000 times its weight in water to keep your skin deliciously plump.
Helps with brighter and more even-toned skin –
Quality face serums contain rich amounts of antioxidants such as Retinol (a form of vitamin A) or Vitamin C, that are further supported by Vitamins B3 and E. By lapping up free radicals and by minimizing photodamage, serums help the skin achieve more radiance and more even tone with less pigmentation and age spots.
Helps with skin repair –
Pollution, sun exposure, loss of moisture, and other such factors cause damage to skin. A quality face serum has the active ingredients that encourage the skin’s own repair mechanism to undertake healing.
How to choose a quality face serum?
First, identify the exact benefit you need.
If you need anti-aging skincare, we recommend a serum with Vitamin A (or Retinol) as the key active.
If you need brightening skincare, we recommend a face serum with Vitamin C, preferably from a Vitamin C-rich fruit extract such as Kakadu Plum.
More details on these further ahead.
Some key ingredients to look for in your face serums
- Vitamin C – Top quality serums often use Kakadu Plum Fruit Extract that has a high amount of natural and highly bioavailable Vitamin C in it. Kakadu plums are an Australian fruit that are also the world’s richest Vitamin C source. Vitamin C aids collagen synthesis, fights free radicals, checks photodamage for overall improved skin tone, complexion, and looks.
- Vitamin A (Retinol) – An active form of Vitamin A that is proven to promote faster skin cell renewal and under-skin collagen production. The anti-aging vitamin for skin, it is needed by the outer as well as the inner layer of skin. It helps shield skin from sun damage that can otherwise lead to collagen damage that in turn leads to skin wrinkles. It also helps in the healthy functioning of skin’s oil glands, helps skin stay soft, and facilitates natural repair of skin damage.
- Hyaluronic Acid – A natural compound that helps skin retain more hydration for youthfully plumping effect. Every molecule of Hyaluronic Acid can hold 1000 times its weight in water.
- Vitamin E – An antioxidant that supports other vitamins in improving skin’s quality
- Vitamin B3 – Helps reinforces skin’s lipid barrier for softer feel
- Witch Hazel Extract – Natural astringent that balances skin and refines pores
- Aloe Vera Extract – Natural hydration and anti-inflammatory effect
How to use a face serum?
- Cleanse the face with a good face wash/skin cleanser.
- Apply 5-6 drops on cleansed face and neck.
- Gently massage in with fingertips using circular strokes.
- Follow up with toner and moisturizer. Apply sunscreen if daytime.
- Apply twice a day – morning and evening – for best results.
Body Cupid Retinol Face Serum
Body Cupid Retinol Face Serum has Retinol (Vitamin A) and several more actives - Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin E - to give your skin total revival with 9 visible skin benefits; 1) Faster cell renewal for fresher skin 2) Increased collagen levels for firmer look 3) Less dryness, more hydration 4) Plumper, smoother & glowing skin 5) Reduced fine lines & wrinkles 6) Less free radical damage 7) Less pigmentation & age spots 8) Tighter pores 9) Lighter & brighter complexion.
Face serum with multiple anti-aging benefits
- Specialist anti-aging face serum with a high amount of Vitamin A for more youthful skin.
- 9 visible skin benefits: faster cell renewal, increased collagen, less dryness, plumper skin, reduced fine lines & wrinkles, less free radical damage, less age spots, tighter pores, & lighter & brighter complexion
- Powered with Retinol (a form of Vitamin A). Also contains Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin E
Body Cupid Vitamin C Face Serum
Body Cupid Vitamin C Face Serum comes packed with extract of Kakadu Plums, an Australian wonder fruit, and the richest known source of Vitamin C. It stimulates the skin to make more Pro-Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid for intensive lifting, firming and hydrating action. Vitamin C also shields from oxidative stress that otherwise causes the skin to age faster. This serum also has Hyaluronic Acid that keeps skin plumped up. There are many more wonder molecules – Vitamins B3 & E – in every drop to make your skin so much more even-toned, brighter, and firmer.
Face serum that lets your skin’s youthful glow emerge
- Specialist skin brightening face serum with a high amount of Vitamin C to improve complexion.
- Fades pigmentation, boosts radiance, evens out skin tone, increases suppleness.
- Powered with Kakadu Plum (richest Vitamin C source) Fruit Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamins B3 & E.